Saturday, January 28, 2012

Pumpkin rice pudding.


My friend shared this recipe with me the other day, and it looked so good, I decided to try it out today. It's a really simple recipe, and you don't need a lot of crazy ingredients in order to make it.



Pumpkin Rice Pudding
Adapted from notwithoutsalt.com

1 cup brown rice
2 1/4 c water
3 cups milk (I used 1 cup of rice milk and 2 cups of almond milk)
1/2 teaspoon salt – vanilla salt is wonderful here
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup pumpkin
1 teaspoon vanilla

Combine the rice and water. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat and simmer covered for 20 minutes.
Add the milk, brown sugar, salt and spices to the rice. Bring back to a boil then turn the heat to low and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes. Add pumpkin and vanilla. Cook on low for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and let sit 15 for minutes. Serve warm with lightly whipped cream.
Can also be served cold for breakfast.

I felt like it needed more spices, but it tasted lovely anyway :) I can't wait to try it after it's been in the refrigerator for a few hours.


Xoxo,
         <3 ichelle

1 comment:

Anything Could Happen said...

OH MY GOSH! I want some! :D yum yum yum! mail me some! :D