Thursday, December 8, 2011

One day I felt like making an apple tart... So I did.






Apple Tart
My version, based on the recipe in the Joy of Cooking cookbook.
 
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees (F). 
Line your pan/pans with pie dough.
  Fill it/them with thinly sliced apples.
Combine:
  1/4 cup sugar
  1 slightly beaten egg
  1 tablespoon melted butter
  1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
  1/2 cup milk (I used almond milk, but I recommend using cream since the original recipe calls for it)
  1/4 teaspoon cinnamon 
  A pinch of nutmeg

Bake for about 40 minutes. If you use milk instead of cream, the tart will be slightly runny, which I didn't mind because I just wanted to make something :) Also, I made a small tart and still had filling left over, but I don't know exactly how much this makes. I'm sorry :/

<3 ichelle

No comments: