Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Cookies and Cream Cake

I have been wanting to make this cake ever since I got my cookbook (Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World). In the book, the cupcakes are made with the chocolate cupcake recipe, not the vanilla one. I didn't have cocoa powder, but I did have some Newman's O's....

So, I decided to just use the vanilla recipe. I also decided to make it into a cake using the 6 inch round cake pan I had just bought (thrift store, $1.50 :D ). And so...here it is :)




Oh. And while I'm at it, here are some super good "French Bakes" I made sometime around there. I used red potatoes from Farmer's Market, cut them like French fries, tossed them with some olive oil, put them on a greased baking sheet, and baked them for 35 minutes at 400 degrees (F). Yum yum.

Aaaand, I had some really good Grasshopper Mint ice cream. My mom got two small scoops of huckleberry and coffee. Those were amazing.

~ <3ichelle ~

1 comment:

Anything Could Happen said...

Oh my gosh!!! that cake looks amazing!!!! yum!!! :D
and wow! those fries/bakes looks so good as well!