Friday, August 26, 2011

Summer's slipping away...

You might be wondering by now if I have fallen off the face of the earth. Well, rest assured, I have not. My mom's computer has been broken for who knows how long, so I have had to be content with the not-so-regular library trips to use the internet. It is on one of the aforesaid trips that I now write this post.
   Here are some baking and cooking that I have been up to since I last wrote...






Some vegan vanilla cupcakes (from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World) with not-vegan butter-cream frosting dyed with...Tazo Passion tea :D  I was really wanting to dye the frosting, but, as I don't own any food coloring, I stared looking around the kitchen and spotted the tea cupboard. The wheels started turning in my head, one thing led to the next, and viola! I had pink frosting :)




 Some vegan chocolate cupcakes (from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World) with fresh raspberries with not-vegan butter-cream frosting (again colored with tea. I got pretty excited about this tea-coloring thing :) )
The raspberries my mom and I picked from a friend's garden. I love raspberries!




One last cupcake picture...

Looks good, doesn't it? I didn't think anyone could mess up on a Thai iced tea...I was wrong.  It looks pretty though :) 

Some mocha-almond-fudge cookies I made. I used the Mocha Mama recipe from the cook book Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar. Then I added some almonds and maybe something else.

One day, I  just felt like baking. So I made a bunch of bread and some bread sticks (which you will see if you keep reading...if I haven't bored you out of your mind by now ;) ) I don't even know what to call this. It's bread with cinnamon and brown sugar rolled into it and sprinkled over it.

Some Rooibos tea. I love Rooibos tea :)


And here are the bread sticks! They were absolutely amazing :)



Something my sister sent to me. It tasted kind of like gingerbread. 

Oh! I forgot about these pictures. I guess that wasn't the last cupcake picture. The second one reminds me of something from Dr. Suess :)


And sushi!! It's definitely not the official thing, but it was my first time. They were really good!!

 And there you have it! Some of my summer happenings illustrated with a zillion pictures. The library is about to close, so now I will say adieu. Until next time (which will hopefully be sooner than the last time!)...

~ <3 ichelle    

No comments: